Poll

Should we use a Blog format for our updates and news, or what?

29% 29% [ 2 ]
14% 14% [ 1 ]
57% 57% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 7

April 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Pride's Newgrounds Game of the Day

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pride's Newgrounds Game of the Day

Post by Pride on Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:23 pm

Hello there, and welcome to my daily Post of the Newgrounds Indie Game of the Day. THis is where I take choose a certain game, and advertise it to you all here, these will usually be more indie NG games, or lower rated games that might be missed if you don't go below the 4 star rating.

Anyhow, for today, the game of the day is ROT

ROT is an Adventure based RPG in which you exPlore a desolate world overrun by zombies. It's somewhat difficult to Progress in, due to the large amount of difficulty without having the right gear, however, realistically, that's what a Zombie RPG would be all about. The gear heavily increasing your chance of survival.
The game features a cute little uPgrade system and has you go throug story events in sets of 4, being able to choose between fighting mini bosses or bosses, attaining Story Points to fight mini bosses/bosses, and going to find loot in EQ missions.
The system allows you to customize your Melee and Ranged characters to your liking, and to your gear, and it features a nice achievement system to boot.

All in all, it's currently rate 3 stars, and has only 10K views, which I feel does not reflect its real value, so I've decided to share it as the first NG Game of the Day :3

Pride
CEO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pride's Newgrounds Game of the Day

Post by Pride on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:55 am

I'd like to share pokemon Tower Defense this time, with 14 Million views and a 4 and a half star rating, it's not exactly as indie as the other game, however, I felt the need to share it in case anybody has missed this game. play it. Somebody took the time to make every pokemon of the original 151 into Towers in a tower defense game and essentially remade Red and Blue version with completely unique plot lines.
He's also currently working on a sequel, however, it's playable, but not complete. He also quickly fixes bugs, actively does giveaways for the game, an is very friendly, I think he deserves a few more views or whatever I can send him.

Link here: Pokemon Tower Defense You can also play at SamDangames.blogspot.com, which is his main site. The game is completely free, enjoy.

Pride
CEO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pride on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:02 pm

Today's NG Game of the Day will be Creatures of Gaia

It has 3 Stars with less than 2000 views.

Overall, the game has good potential, you collect creatures by winning events and battling new ones. Each creature has a type of attack that does x-y damage, you slowly acquire new creatures by seeing them and unlocking the right to buy them. All in all, 3 stars is about worth what it's currently at. However, it's currently a 3 due, almost entirely, to the format that it's in. It's not very well setup in an appealing way, and it loses a lot of its value and worth because of that. Overall, I'd say the gameplay is worth at least 3.5 Stars, and a LOT more views, but the format kind of tears it down. Anyways. Hopes to the designer that they are more lucky in the future. That game likely took a good deal of time to make, and I don't think it has the views or star rating that his/her work deserved. Give it a look see, play it a bit, and you'll likely agree with my conclusion.

Pride
CEO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pride on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:16 pm

Today, I think I'll share a newish game, Stone Legs 2, it's sort of a skill based platformer in which you utilize 'jumps' via your sword to travel, using terrain and obstacles to collect Mana which you need to go into the Underworld and save your Fiance. All the while, you have the power to turn to stone, making you impervious, fall faster, and break stone blocks, unlocking new obstacles. There are 100 levels, along with a level editor. The game has just shy of 10K views, and a 3.2 Vote Rating or so. All in all, it's a fine game, though these sorts of platformers aren't generally my thing, I played a good amount of the levels and enjoyed it, voted it a 4 simply because I think it deserves more credit. the Art style is fairly interesting, it feels very detailed, but also very minimalist at the same time. Anyhow, it's a bit less casual than a casual game, while still feeling fairly casual.

Give it a view and see what you think.

Pride
CEO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pride on Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:59 am

So I missed a day. Oops.

2 Games for today, one will be a semi major game, the other lesser known.
First up is Ghost Hacker 2, found here: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/615480 It's 4 Stars with *only* 5K views. Seriously. This is one of the better games released lately, although the game quality lately has been pretty low in all honesty. Normally, this kind of game wouldn't be the best I've played in a few weeks, but it is. So, It needs more views, it features a neat upgrade system, multiple game levels, and is a well layed out Tower Defense Game centered around an actual story for once. Give it a go, give it a view at least :p

Next, is Astrodigger, available here: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/615532 it has 5K views as well, and has received a 3 Star Rating. All in all, it's a cute, fairly casual 'mining' game. There's nothing really great, or bad about it. It's pretty much what it should be. Still, if mining games is your thing, beating this one might be fun for you, as it is very puzzle and solution oriented, instead of the usual mind and grind mentality. All in all, it's an interesting take on the Casual Mining genre.

Enjoy :3

Pride
CEO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pride on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:23 pm

Today I'll share Guild Dungons 2, found here: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/615845
It has a 3.5 rating with 11k views, and it's a fairly in depth, though slow, management/simulation of a kingdom and its quests.

There's not much to say, it does everything it should do, and it doesn't junk it up with things that are absolutely unnecessary. I dislike the fact that it's very slow to start and the interface isn't exactly easy to navigate (Mainly in what you can and can't buy] but all in all, it's a fine flash game and I'll include it for today's Newgrounds Game of the Day!

Pride
CEO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pride on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:42 pm

I haven't been actively gaming lately, so for now, I can't really update this with anything. Think of this thread is a random newgrounds game of the day. Not necessarily a Newgrounds game every day, but a newgrounds game when I find one worth mentioning.

Pride
CEO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pride on Thu May 02, 2013 1:13 pm

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/616768

This game Rhythos! Arcade BETA, is a BETA game just released on NG, it's actually not that bad and it has a much higher quality than a lot of the other Under Judgment games I've seen lately. Anyhow, it's a battle based Rpg so if strings of battles aren't your thing, I'd suggest not playing it. All in all, I gave it a 4 to help it pass judgment, but I'd say it's about a 3 or so were I to have played it after it exited judgment. Give it a go. :3

Pride
CEO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pride on Sun May 05, 2013 11:01 pm

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/616741 I know it's futured. But this is beautifully made. Not gunna lie. this was made in 48 hours, and it's better than some games that take weeks or even months to accomplish.

With 20K Views and the 4 Star Rating, it seems everybody is very much aware of the quality here.

Honestly, my biggest gripe is the story. But that is hugely forgiven (just like the protagonist] for being made in 48 hours. 5/5 :3

Pride
CEO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top