Poll

Should we use a Blog format for our updates and news, or what?

29% 29% [ 2 ]
14% 14% [ 1 ]
57% 57% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 7

December 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

What is Project Anima?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is Project Anima?

Post by Pride on Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:08 pm

Project Anima is a multi-genre, extremely ambitious game built deeply within the Monster Catching Genre.

This is the project that originally brought Idlenight together, and the most well known of our ongoing projects, however, due to the sheer bulk of the creation, (thousands of creatures, different mini games within the game, a mobile version, a free test demo version, a huge level of complexity, level setups, deep multi campaign storylines that each offer a full game in and of themselves, that are all interlaced together in small and large interactions with one another, etc. etc.]

This project seeks to embody the level of power that multi genre games can have, and also to point out the stagnance of the Monster Catching genre due to a completely lacking group of competition and an overwhelming level of monopoly within the genre by pokemon.

This is not to say the members dislike pokemon. This project wouldn't exist without it. In reality, this project is more like our tribute to pokemon, and what it did for us as children.

project Anima crosses platforms. I am currently sketching up characters for Comics, as well as designing Flash Animation ideas for it as well. The project is extremely huge, and will likely take years to accomplish. Feel free to ask and I will discuss any features or aspects that you may or may not be curious about.

Also, once again, project Anima can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/Pr0jectAnima

Pride
CEO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is Project Anima?

Post by Deavious on Fri May 03, 2013 12:49 am

Just going off of the description, how long do you think this "project Anima" is going to take? It sounds like a long process. I think it'd probably be better if you guys focused on short term projects, this sounds like it'd take at least a year to accomplish, ignoring whatever content you might have planned. It's probably not a good bet to dump your resources into one large project when you don't even know if anybody will like your stuff, right?

Uh. Not to say people won't like it. Just, being realistic.

Deavious
Idle Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pride on Fri May 03, 2013 1:08 am

Oh, we have other projects in store. We just actively discuss our major projects. But, yes, project Anima will likely take years to accomplish.

It'll likely be designed with its own Game Engine, and as such, we'll need a highly capable programmer as soon as we have the ability to attract one. I just design project Anima further in my spare time.

We plan to begin producing as soon as effectively possible (So, as soon as somebody figures out Stencyl, Game Maker, or Construct 2] so there shouldn't be any delay.

We're going to start small, with games on NG and Kongregate and try to move up through the levels, so to speak, like a game. Very Happy

Pride
CEO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top