Poll

Should we use a Blog format for our updates and news, or what?

29% 29% [ 2 ]
14% 14% [ 1 ]
57% 57% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 7

December 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

pokemon X and Y: Fairy Type...?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

pokemon X and Y: Fairy Type...?

Post by Pride on Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:22 am

So I posted this on project Anima's page as a rant, but, apparently there's a new Fairy Type (possibly] THIS IS A RUMOR. NOT OFFICIALLY VERIFIED YET. Anyways... Oh boy.

A rant is in order, according to a few semi credible sources (Namely, the person who leaked Black and White's entire pokedex legitimately before it was released officially] pokemon X and Y will feature a Fairy type.

Seriously.
pokemon X and Y. A game that will obviously be about genetics. Is going to release a Fairy type? Not only completely unbalancing the current type system, which DOESN'T Need a Fairy type to fix it, but also isn't tied in to any of the types currently released unless they effectively revamp the properties of certain types. (Like the definitive split in the Dark type, and the lack of a Light type to counterbalance the Special Oriented Dark Type]

According to the source, Sylveon and the Mascot of X are both fairy types, and the Mascot of Y is Dark and Flying.

Sigh. It's not that I don't want a Fairy type. That's effectively like the Arcane Type I've been developing for pa. There's nothing wrong with it in concept. But, this is going to horridly throw off the balance if it's JUST this type. Not only that, but when are they going to fix their relatively broken Card Game, which fuses poison, bug, and grass into the same card type, Ground, Rock, and Fighting into another?
Sheesh.

I don't know, I feel like somebody within pokemon Company stepped down, and somebody horribly inadequate gained too much power and is toying with a tight rope balance within a game.

I mean, what's Fairy Type going to be weak against? If I had to guess, it won't affect Normal types, and it'll be the counter balance to ghost, that's the only realistic function for it that I can see. And all that'll do is weaken the Ghost type and strengthen Normal, which isn't really all that necessary.

Won't there need to be a Technology type as well? If the point of adding Fairy in now, is to contrast the game, a Tech type would be necessayr, because Metal/Electric don't exactly cut it.

Worse, another body type type? Why are these types considered logical? Flying Type should be Wind. Not all the flying types are flying creatures, and not all flying creatures are Flying type. Dragon Type? Fairy Type? Do we need an Alien Type too? Dragon is a shape, a creature. It is not an elemental type, nor a mental type, nor a physical type. It's a body type. Why do they stop at those? They have bug type too, why not add in... I dunno. Squirrel type? Bipedal Lizard Type? I mean seriously. The types are tackily thrown together. I hope the 'correct' roman-ization of the type is Magic (Like how Flying is actually Wind, which is the only reason why I don't complain about it much] because that's just another thing that's going to drive me insane while I wait for the release.

Anyhow. Hopefully, there's more to this than meets the eye, and it's implemented better than I think. Because if it's implemented how I think it might be, Competitive pokemon is going to become awkwardly unbalanced until they fix it.

In short, I don't see a need for Dragon, Bug, Ghost, and Fairy. I see a need for Mystic/Magic, throwing Bug into poison and Grass, and throwing Ghost into Dark and psychic types. Dark type needs a physical and mental type to balance with psychic and fighting, but since this new Fairy type is being added in, Dark will also need to be the elemental/moral aspect to counter Normal, Fairy and Dark.
That's giving Dark WAYYY too much involvement in the types, it's already resoundingly powerful. This looks like really shaky ground for pokemon. Still, I hope it turns out well. :/

Pride
CEO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: pokemon X and Y: Fairy Type...?

Post by Pride on Sat May 04, 2013 11:02 am

It appears there's "New evidence" that it's Fairy type,

and that's the fact that Fairy is already an egg group.

The logic is understandable, you know. If egg groups included even a small majority of types. But, hey, it's at least some indicator that they're thought of it before.

However, I still don't think a Fairy type is "sound" for pokemon.

Pride
CEO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pride on Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:05 pm

Fairy Type was confirmed. Wow. 

Pride
CEO

View user profile

Back to top Go down