Poll

Should we use a Blog format for our updates and news, or what?

29% 29% [ 2 ]
14% 14% [ 1 ]
57% 57% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 7

October 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Can anyone do a small avatar?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can anyone do a small avatar?

Post by aaron.farmer.8 on Tue May 28, 2013 1:23 am

Trying to get something that doesn't violate copyright infringement, with gold as the dominant color and red as the minor. Specific character design doesn't matter after that point. I'm using http://postimg.org/image/z3now95md/ right now. Size also isn't that important; as long as it isn't miniscule, I can shrink it down.

aaron.farmer.8
Idle Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can anyone do a small avatar?

Post by Pride on Tue May 28, 2013 11:42 am

What size exactly? and any specific desires besides the colour scheme? Small avatars aren't that difficult.
if the place submits gif, I could likely animate it a bit too.

Pride
CEO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aaron.farmer.8 on Tue May 28, 2013 2:17 pm

The basis for the game I'm making is that instead of a standard health or ammo system, it's going to have one stat that recharges over time. Instead of your character getting hit and being damaged, it dodges attacks and uses up some of the stat. It can also use the stat for accomplishing tasks or like bullets, but just like a health bar, if it runs out, the character dies.
So, art-relevant fact taken from that, some animations of the avatar dodging would be useful. I'm thinking puff of smoke, then re-appearing. But that's not immediately necessary, that would be more like something flashy to add after the gameplay is nailed down.

Exact size of the sprite I'm using right now is 42 by 66. But like I said, it can be shrunk down if it's any bigger than that, so size doesn't need to be right-on.
Character design past color scheme...I'm picturing something kind of like 8-bit Link, but rogue-ish. Just doodle a little guy, and we can mess with some of the details if necessary.

aaron.farmer.8
Idle Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pride on Tue May 28, 2013 3:25 pm

Alrighty, sounds fine to me, Just one thing to note, I'll get a rough design, but I do not recommend shrinking sprites, it causes some awkward pixel changes sometimes, so, when you decide on an ideal size, i'll remake it/whatever we have planned in that size. xD Sprites only remain undamaged when modified if it's to increase proportions, and then it has to be proportionate to the original sprite size (64x64 to 128x128 will be clean, 64x64 to 75x83 would be much dirtier]

Pride
CEO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aaron.farmer.8 on Tue May 28, 2013 5:01 pm

Okay. Good to know, usually it's the other way around with shrinking/enlarging images. Ideal size would be 40 x 60, then.

aaron.farmer.8
Idle Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pride on Thu May 30, 2013 7:18 pm

alrighty, shouldn't be an issue.

You should test out shrinking the sprite you have to 24x24 to see what I mean, I'm not exactly sure why it happens, it seems like when an image is shrinked, the programs don't always accurately proportion the sprite's pixel map and then size it down to the new pixel map.

i'm sure there's a program that accounts for it, but i haven't found one yet.

Pride
CEO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top